Hi From Canada

Call in and say hi to other board members and the Cubic team!

Hi From Canada

Postby Chris » 09 Aug 2015, 17:10

Hi there Everyone,

I'm new to your forum. I am in Toronto, Canada. I have had a few jellyfish aquariums over the years...

#1 - 20 x 36" Cylinder - Drilled through bottom, driven by canister filter & chiller. Kept cold water Moon and Crystal Jellies (catching food frequently enough was a challenge)
#2 - 36 x 12 x 18"tall - Regular, rectangular aquarium DIY modified into a pretty good jellyfish aquarium. Kept tropical Moon Jellies caught in Hawaii.
#3 - Cubic Pulse 80 - Recently purchased and set-up. Haven't had a chance to get the jellies yet.

#??... I have a few more ambitious jellyfish projects in mind. More on that later (if I ever get around to them)
Chris

Re: Hi From Canada

Postby Cubic » 12 Aug 2015, 10:22

Hi Chris

It sounds like you have got quite a bit of experience keeping jellies at this stage. Do you have any pictures of your previous jellyfish systems? We would love to see them.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Postby Chris » 16 Aug 2015, 16:43

Here's the photos of the cylinder aquarium(s)...

Adding Crystal Jellyfish Here...

Feeding the Crystals got to be a bit of a chore.
Chris

Postby Cubic » 19 Aug 2015, 08:30

They look really nice!

What were you feeding the crystal jellies? We have kept a type of crystal jellyfish collected from the South China Sea but we were unable to keep them for long.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Return to Welcome, Please Introduce Yourself