New User

Call in and say hi to other board members and the Cubic team!

New User

Postby Sunny » 10 Dec 2015, 20:06

Hi all, I am located in Texas, US and am having a VERY difficult time finding a retailer. I have checked in Louisiana, Texas, Chicago, etc. and either the retailer no longer sells Cubic or they do not get back to me. Is anyone on here located in the US? Can you provide some guidance?

Also, we have never even had a fish tank but love the idea of a jelly tank for our office... are we out of our minds? Some of these posts sound like a foreign language to me and I don't know if I am getting in over my head and it will be a waste of a lot of money... any insight from other amateurs? We are interested in the largest tank, the Pulse 180 I think?

Also, is there a way the tank can be mounted to some kind of table top? Does it have to be up against a wall to keep it stable?

Thanks!
Sunny
Sunny

Re: New User

Postby Cubic » 11 Dec 2015, 08:04

Hi Sunny

Your best bet is to drop this distributor in your area a quick email or call: http://www.reefh2o.com/

They are based in Arizona but I understand they sell to some stores in Texas so they will be able to advise you on which local stores carry our products.

The first Pulse 80 and Pulse 160 aquariums are only just on their way to the US at the moment which will be why you have been unable to find any. They have been in development for a long time and we are only now getting them on the market. There is quite a big backlog of pre-orders we need to fill before they start to arrive on shop shelves.

Jellies are in a lot of ways easier to look after than fish. Most are very flexible when it comes to temperature, salinity, water quality and even feeding. There will be a bit of cleaning involved if you want to keep the tank presentable and you will have to keep a close eye on the water quality, particularly in the beginning. You will need to buy some basic water testing kits from your local aquarium shop which may seem a bit intimidating but its pretty simple when you get the hang on it and we are always on hand to help if you need us.

All our tanks are free standing so they can be set up on any strong level surface.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Return to Welcome, Please Introduce Yourself