Hello from Miami, FL

Call in and say hi to other board members and the Cubic team!

Hello from Miami, FL

Postby AndyP » 31 Aug 2017, 17:34

Hello Everyone,

My name is Andre. I have just started my first jellyfish tank in Miami, FL.

Growing up on the Atlantic coast, I have always been exposed to marine life & the ocean. It has always been a passion for me.. I feel drawn to the dynamic of the Ocean. Fishing, swimming, diving, boating... simply admiring the diversity of sea-life. To me, the ocean represents another world, full of opportunities for exploration and new discoveries.

I was inspired to start my own tank after seeing an incredible display at the Phillip & Patricia Frost Museum of Science, here in Miami. I was fascinated by the size of the spotted lagoon jellies, their color, & the serenity of the Atlantic nettles display.

I began researching everything I could about Jellies, and eventually decided to purchase a Pulse 80. Having access to all kinds of aquarium supplies, I was able to quickly cycle my tank and begin with some Atlantic Sea Nettles from Travis, @ The Jellyfish Warehouse. (They are actually on the way, but have not arrived yet)

I can't wait to acclimate them; I've been working very hard to make sure that all of my parameters are in check and that all conditions are perfect for their introduction. I can tell you that I have not slept waiting for my tank to arrive, the tank to cycle, and these little guys to get here.

I would love to encourage and pass on my knowledge & experience to others, while also learning from those who have done this for a long time.

Thank you for this forum & the support it provides Jellyfish keepers. I look forward to communicating with everyone.

Sincerely,
Andre
AndyP

Return to Welcome, Please Introduce Yourself