Where can I find one?

This forum section is dedicated to the beautiful spotted lagoon jelly (Mastigias papua)

Where can I find one?

Postby wii64brawl » 13 Apr 2013, 11:55

Does anyone know of anyone who sells these online, or would be able to collect them? I'm currently looking for a pair to add into my Cassiopea spp. tank. I can't seem to find these guys anywhere. Thanks.
wii64brawl

Re: Where can I find one?

Postby Cubic » 15 Apr 2013, 10:04

Are you in the US? If so maybe you could drop this website an email http://www.pbnjellies.com/

They generally stock moons but may be able to offer some advice on the availability of Spotted Lagoon Jellies.

We have ordered some from a livestock supplier in the Philippines in the past but they only deal with commercial customers. Do you have any local aquarium shops that make orders of fish from the Philippines? If so you may be able to order some Spotted Lagoon Jellies through them?
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Postby wii64brawl » 15 Apr 2013, 11:40

Okay thanks. Yes I'm in the US. I sent some emails to some LFS in the area, and I'm still waiting for a response.
wii64brawl

Postby wii64brawl » 15 Apr 2013, 23:31

Do you know of any suppliers of Blubber jellyfish either?
wii64brawl

Postby Cubic » 16 Apr 2013, 08:52

We have ordered these from the Philippines as well. They ship quite well so you maybe able to request some of these from a local aquarium shop. We will do some research our selves and get back to you, obviously it would also be advantageous to us and the sale of our tanks if we can recommend god jellyfish suppliers in the US so we will have a look around.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Return to Spotted Lagoon Jelly (Mastigias papua)