Cubic Lightstrip (operated via phone or SmartThings)

We build a range of home jellyfish aquariums which are available through all good aquarium shops.
http://www.cubicaquarium.com
Forum rules
Please send any requests for spare parts or warranty claims to info@cubicaquarium.com. Warranty claims cannot be handled through this forum.

Cubic Lightstrip (operated via phone or SmartThings)

Postby kyleblythewhite » 18 May 2015, 14:17

Hello all

Nice little hack here to show you, using a lighting module ive managed to hack the cubic light strip to be operated via mobile and integrated it with SmartThings & Hue, which means i can have certain rules in the house such a motion / doors opening / temperature etc trigger lighting commands to the aquarium . . .

I am now looking to work with Seneye to have their system trigger lighting moods based on the Seneye readings, for instance " OUT OF WATER " reading would send me a text via smartthings and then flash the tank light red so i know theirs an issue, or the same for an ammonia spike that is about to happen etc etc

Please Note: This will void your cubic lighting warranty.
kyleblythewhite

Re: Cubic Lightstrip (operated via phone or SmartThings)

Postby Cubic » 20 May 2015, 03:29

Very nice! This is something we would consider integrating into future models of our tanks.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Return to Cubic Aquarium Systems