Bubbles????

We build a range of home jellyfish aquariums which are available through all good aquarium shops.
http://www.cubicaquarium.com
Forum rules
Please send any requests for spare parts or warranty claims to info@cubicaquarium.com. Warranty claims cannot be handled through this forum.

Bubbles????

Postby goonz » 01 Nov 2015, 11:00

So i've finally set the tank up with water and it is maturing, however there are loads of bubbles in the water on the tank and also on the pump area. They do not appear to be disappearing. How do I remove these?
goonz

Re: Bubbles????

Postby Cubic » 04 Nov 2015, 10:11

Do you mean bubbles stick on the side of the tank after filling or is the spray bar spitting out bubbles?

If there are bubbles stuck on the tank walls you can use the turkey baster to blow them away. If bubbles are coming our of the spray bar then air must be getting sucked in somewhere along the hose that connects the pump to the spray bar. Turn the knob on the tap a little and see if that helps and check the pipes are firmly pushed on either side of the tap.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Postby goonz » 05 Nov 2015, 19:26

the bubbles are stuck on the tank walls and along the spray bar but they are not coming out of the spray bar.

I also need to know how the water should align at the top.

Should the water meet at the top so the jelly area water and the outer ring area water mixes? also I used the tank to mix the water so now I do not know whether the salinity in the outer ring is the same as that of the inner area? bit stuck!
goonz

Postby Cubic » 10 Nov 2015, 10:48

It should be quite easy to remove the bubbles form the side of the tank walls with the turkey baster provided. Once they are gone they should not come back.

The water line should be just high enough to be covered by the colour ring on the outside of the tank. It can be a bit lower than this but cosmetically I think it looks better to have the water line hidden. The water should not go over the top of the inner chamber or your jellies may escape into the filter section where they will be damaged. Its also very important to keep the electrical connectors dry, they are waterproof but not designed to be submerged.

The water is pumped around the outer section for filtration so it is well mixed and will have the same salinity in the outer section as the inner display area.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Return to Cubic Aquarium Systems