Various Questions about Jellyfish Aquarium

We build a range of home jellyfish aquariums which are available through all good aquarium shops.
http://www.cubicaquarium.com
Forum rules
Please send any requests for spare parts or warranty claims to info@cubicaquarium.com. Warranty claims cannot be handled through this forum.

Various Questions about Jellyfish Aquarium

Postby Santicity » 18 Apr 2013, 05:54

I am interested in purchasing the Cubic Jellyfish Aquarium, but I have several questions!

1) I am located in the US, where can I purchase the aquarium? I've seen it on polyplab, but the site seems like it has nothing. Where can I purchase the food as well? Do you guys also sell jellies?

2) I've heard there are two types of moon jellyfish, warm water and cold water? Which can this tank carry?

3) I assume there's some substrate hidden in the tank, is there a way to purchase more (do I need more?)

4) I've heard that owners get a DVD to help them with their jellies, this would be very helpful. Is this true?

5) How loud is this tank roughly speaking? Everybody is different, but maybe an estimate?

6) How come nobody responds to my emails :(
Santicity

Re: Various Questions about Jellyfish Aquarium

Postby Cubic » 19 Apr 2013, 13:57

Hi Santicity

1) Our tanks are hand built on a small scale and are sold across North America, Europe and Japan, this makes the supply very limited. You can contact our north american distributors direct at info@xenia.com or info@polyplab.com. They don't sell directly to the public but they will be able to advise on a dealer in your area or one that can ship to you.

There are various options for feeding your jellyfish. Live newly hatched artemia is generally seen as the best jellyfish food. Alternatively you could try Reef-Roids by polyplab which is a dry food sold by our distributor. We make a jellyfish food but its not currently sold in the US.

2) We have found most moon jellyfish (even the ones from colder waters) are happy as long as the tank temperature doesn't get too far above 25C. You shouldn't need a heater, moon jellies are happy right down to 18C but you may need a chiller if the room temp gets much above 25C.

3) We provide all the filtration components for the aquarium except the live media for the media tower.This cannot be shipped live so were recommend you get some live media from your local aquarium shop. Either live rock rubble or something similar to siporax that has been soaked in mature tank water would be perfect. One you have bought this you won't need to replace it.

4) Yes, a CD comes with the tank with and instruction manual and a jellyfish husbandry guide included on it. You can also download the manuals here: http://www.cubicaquarium.com/downloads.php

5) The tank is almost silent. This is something that is very important to us when designing aquariums, we pride ourselves on building the best quality aquariums available so a noisy filtration system would be no good at all. The only moving part is a small submerged pump which is extremely quiet. We use either Sicce or Newjet pumps in our aquariums which are made in Italy and have a very good reputation for reliability and quiet operation.

6) We try and answer all customer emails within 24 hours but we have a little bit of a back log here at the moment. Your email would have been answered today, sorry about that.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Postby barronn30 » 23 Apr 2013, 04:23

Hi,
I am also in a similar situation as Santicity. Thank you for providing the answers, but I would like to add one more question:

If there were to be a problem with a component of the tank or some malfunctions, would there be any warranty for people who purchased it in the North America?

I am planning to buy from one of the distributors that you have listed in Canada but I am concern about if the tank ends up with a problem a few months/years down the road, where would I receive assistance for repairs?

Thank you!
barronn30

Postby Cubic » 25 Apr 2013, 04:45

All our products come with a one year warranty and we will soon have some retailers in the US who will be able to supply parts and help with warranty claims. For the time being all US warranty issues will be dealt with by polyplab in Canada.

By using the best quality materials and components available and assembly staff who are very skilled and experienced at what they do we hope to avoid many major issues with our products. If you do have a problem we will do our very best to support you. Looking after our customers is something which is very important to us.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Postby Bakesalee » 19 Aug 2016, 20:35

[quote="Cubic"
5) The tank is almost silent. This is something that is very important to us when designing aquariums, we pride ourselves on building the best quality aquariums available so a noisy filtration system would be no good at all. The only moving part is a small submerged pump which is extremely quiet. We use either Sicce or Newjet pumps in our aquariums which are made in Italy and have a very good reputation for reliability and quiet operation.

[/quote]

I want to buy a pump as a spare for when/if my pump ever goes down or begins rattling. What speed (or gallons per hour) is the OEM pump for the Cubic Orbit? I don't want to get anything faster than this one. Heck, if the OEM is, let's say 80 GPH, I might try to find one that's 50-60 GPH.

I need to set it on the lowest pressure possible to keep the moons from being thrashed about -- and setting the valve to this tightness seems to ensure water drops fall out of the valve, onto the top of the water, which scares me as far as the air bubbles that are created in this process -- getting into the jellies oral arms, etc.

Many thanks!
Bakesalee

Postby Bakesalee » 19 Aug 2016, 20:55

[quote="Cubic"

[/quote]

I want to buy a pump as a spare for when/if my pump ever goes down or begins rattling. What speed (or gallons per hour) is the OEM pump for the Cubic Orbit? I don't want to get anything faster than this one. Heck, if the OEM is, let's say 80 GPH, I might try to find one that's 50-60 GPH.

I need to set it on the lowest pressure possible to keep the moons from being thrashed about -- and setting the valve to this tightness seems to ensure water drops fall out of the valve, onto the top of the water, which scares me as far as the air bubbles that are created in this process -- getting into the jellies oral arms, etc.

Many thanks!
Bakesalee

Return to Cubic Aquarium Systems