I received my Cubic jelly tank today :D

Please use this section to log the progress of your tank, allowing us to offer help and feedback along the way.

Re: I received my Cubic jelly tank today :D

Postby Spongebob » 27 Dec 2012, 12:30

So far so good with the airpump modification to the tank. I have added some photos below for anyone else having pH problems. I attached the airpump in the rear section using a sticky pad because it means I can put the lid and back panel in place like normal.

20121227_185850.jpg
Air Pump

20121227_185911.jpg
Bubbles

20121227_190413.jpg
Cables
Spongebob

Postby Dr. T » 30 Dec 2012, 04:52

Hi Spongebob! Thanks for your post!
That's great that you came up with your own solution to tackle with the pH issue. This kind of voice from the customers definitely helps us when it comes to developing our new products. Thank you very much!
Dr. T

Postby Spongebob » 27 Jan 2013, 03:04

Just an update, the jellies are doing really well and growing fast! I did notice that when I went away for a few days and the bubbler was turned off the health of the jellies went down dramatically. When I got back the jellies were looking really sick! I turned the bubbler back on and within 24 hours the jellies were looking good again. I guess this shows how susceptible jellyfish are to pH swing!

Enjoy :wub:

Spongebob

Postby 7racer » 27 Jan 2013, 04:22

Hey Spongebob,

could you take a picture of the back of the tank with the covers on so I can see how the wires come out?
Due to the unique shape of the tank I am trying to figure out how to display it in my home while hiding the wires/tubes.

Thanks!
7racer

Postby Spongebob » 02 Feb 2013, 04:45

As Requested* :clap:
Attachments
528993_10151214194170064_344919764_n.jpg
Spongebob

Postby 7racer » 15 Feb 2013, 06:43

thank you!!

how are your Jellies doing?

How has maintenance been? Water changes? Cleaning?

What feed are you using again?
7racer

Postby Spongebob » 15 Feb 2013, 09:44

7racer wrote:thank you!!

how are your Jellies doing?

How has maintenance been? Water changes? Cleaning?

What feed are you using again?

Although last time I posted that my jellies were recovering from the 5(ish) days with the air bubbler was off three of the jellies didn't actually make it. They seemed to start pulsing again and looking better soon after I got the bubbler running again but they slowly fell apart over the next few days. I would recommend anyone keeping jellies to keep a close eye on pH. I also siphoned up half of one of the remaining jellies about a week ago and he didn't make it :oops:

I now have 8 jellies in the tank (I may get a few more when they become available). They are all growing but there is a big variance in size between the smallest which is about the same size as when I got them at about 3" to the largest which probably measures almost 6".

Very little maintenance, my procedure is more or less as follows:
[list=]Feed once or twice a day by mixing a few pinches of jelly food into a bowl of tank water and just dumping it in
Clean the sponges under a tap once a week
Scrub the inside of the tank once a week with a soft sponge
Top up when necessary (around once a week because the tank doesn't lose much water with the lid on)
I do a water change of about one bucket every 2 weeks basically because I use old water from my reef tank and that is how much water I remove form there every two weeks
The one thing that is quite labour intensive is siphoning the bottom of the tank, being white acrylic any excess food shows up on here and is very obvious so I generally siphon this at least once a day about an hour after I feed. The way to get around this I guess would be to feed live baby artemia but I don't have time to hatch it my self so ill just stick to siphoning[/list]

I'm using the jellyfish food made by cubic to feed the jellies. Ill try and get some more images when I get chance.
Spongebob

Postby 7racer » 15 Feb 2013, 13:35

thank you!

I am trying to decide if I want to keep my order for the cubic or not. The vender here for North America stated it would be here in about 4 weeks. 3 weeks later he said it just shipped and was on it's way. So another 4 weeks.
His email that he last sent said I could cancel the order for a refund but the ton was weird and kinda flippant. Really thinking about bailing on this tank. Would like to try another vendor but none else so far in NA.

anyways, I had the same problem with the left over food in the Jelly Fish Art tank, and now to a lesser extent in the EON tank. I found this thing:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003C5U2SU/ref ... 1_ST1_dp_1

works pretty well. I don't use the bottom piece as it's too tall but just the one extension piece does a great job cleaning up left over food/detritus from the bottom.
7racer

Postby Cubic » 16 Feb 2013, 04:00

Hi 7racer

We have sent you a PM, could you send us some information of who you are dealing with in North America? Sorry to hear about your experience, we will try our best to help.
“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”

William Morris.
Cubic
Site Admin

Postby ArmandLer » 18 Aug 2017, 06:46

Nice tank and fish!
The diet pills on here are good!
ArmandLer

Previous

Return to Customers tank diaries