Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus Replacement

Please use this section to log the progress of your tank, allowing us to offer help and feedback along the way.

Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus Replacement

Postby Slewrock » 17 Jul 2016, 10:33

Hi All,

For some reason the lighting on the new Cubic 80 Gen 2 broke. Cubic was super helpful with providing a replacement via Polyplab, but I needed a temp solution until it arrived to keep my jellies out of the darkness.

I purchased a Philips Lightstrip Plus setup and an LED channel from a local lighting store to house them. After firing up the new Pulse 80 lights, I noticed that there were two awesome benefits:

1) You get true white light from these LEDs. It's really impressive.
Imageput

2) The light output is significantly improved. These lights are super bright and what I had always been looking for.

3) I get to completely control it from my phone and customize it to turn on/off when I leave and every other customized seeing your can imagine.
Slewrock

Re: Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus Replacement

Postby Slewrock » 13 Oct 2016, 07:31

I added a backlight and the tank looks super fresh.

Slewrock

Postby Chris » 29 Oct 2016, 13:32

Is the Philips Lightstrip Plus or the new Pulse light strip that you are saying provides the higher light output? Does the Philips Lightstrip fit into the spot in the Pulse where the lights go?

I have a Pulse running in a bright location and the lights that come standard with it aren't bright enough. They get drowned out by the bright ambient light. So, I am looking at alternatives to brighten up the aquarium.

Thanks!!
Chris

Postby Slewrock » 11 Dec 2016, 10:33

It's the Lightstrip Plus. Fits perfectly.

Here's a better quality photo. I'd be surprised if they don't include it in the next gen model.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwVbT6 ... p=drivesdk
Slewrock

Return to Customers tank diaries